JOB TITLE: Technical Advisor in Women Empowerment and Family Promotion
LOCATION: Based in Kigali – with travel to partners country wide
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: As per the National pay range
To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
Provide technical support and coordination to MIGEPROF and partners including the National Women Council and link up with OXFAM.
Post holder reports to: OXFAM Head of Programmes and matrix line managed by MIGEPROF Permanent Secretary
The Technical Advisor will support MIGEPROF and OXFAM partners including the National Women Council in ensuring smooth planning and timely reporting of women’s empowerment initiatives by partners including organising ongoing capacity building support to the partner(s). He/she will build strong collaboration and linkages with MIGEPROF partners to facilitate learning and effectiveness, including supporting the National Gender and Family Cluster.
The Technical Advisor will be involved in other women’s rights initiatives including the ending gender based violence and violence against women.
§ Contribute to the women’s transformational leadership and empowerment commitments agreed by MIGEPROF, OXFAM, the National Women Council and other key stakeholders
§ Contribute to MIGEPROF partners’ operational plans and budget assessment.
§ Ensure that the women’s rights agenda is consciously embedded in all programme, policy and advocacy work of MIGEPROF and OXFAM partners.
§ Initiate and Suggest Women empowerment and Family Promotion Programs to MIGEPROF top Management
§ Participate and contribute to the development of the National and other strategic documents on women Empowerment, Gender Promotion, Gender based Violence and Family Promotion.
MIGEPROF and OXFAM partner management, networking and influencing
§ Provide technical support to MIGEPROF and the National Women Council supporting transformational leadership to women elected at different levels, and increased understanding and claim of their social, political and economic rights
§ Support women elected leaders from the National Women Council to promote women’s rights and stand with and for affected women raising their rights concerns.
§ Support MIGEPROF and partners in developing, monitoring, reporting and learning frameworks and follow up on implementation of the same
§ Provide regular critical analysis to MIGEPROF and the National Women’s Council of the women’s leadership and rights programming concerns, including gender based violence and women’s economic empowerment, both at local and national levels
§ Facilitate coordination and documentation of women’s economic empowerment initiatives and best practices in consultation with the National Women Council and OXFAM.
§ Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the performance of partners and take remedial actions with MIGEPROF.
§ Support MIGEPROF, OXFAM and partners in planning and implementing local and national level advocacy events including the International Rural Women’s Day, 16 Days of activism against gender based violence, International Women’s Day.
§ Build and strengthen links with networks of women’s rights locally, nationally and internationally to learn and share from knowledge gained, propose best practices and programs based on researched mechanisms
§ Work with MIGEPROF, OXFAM and other stakeholders to provide regular and accurate data that can inform policy formulation and decision making
§ Lead in designing concept notes for project proposals to support different initiatives geared towards women empowerment and family promotion
§ Link with MIGEPROF to support government institutions and partners developing and delivering strategies putting women at the centre of everything they do.
§ Contribute to the development of messages on the issues related to GBV
§ Facilitate activities, including training of community structures and partners to increase activities in addressing GBV and promoting gender equality
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability
§ Work with MIGEPROF to ensure that program quality standards and practices are deliberate and specific on gender equality and women’s empowerment indicators
§ Strengthen MIGEPROF partners’ accountability and learning platform through regular, coaching and capacity building, especially through the National Gender Cluster
§ Actively participate in the country development environment to both identify opportunities to impact poverty reduction and to foster strategic institutional linkages, alliances and networks that enhance sharing, learning and collaboration
Skills and Competence:
· A Master’s Degree and postgraduate qualification in a relevant fields, preferably Gender and Development studies, Gender and Economics and any other related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years proven programme experience of delivering similar Gender justice and women’s rights programmes/projects in development and humanitarian contexts
· Ability to engage with government institutions, especially the National Gender Machinery, contributing to the development of programme, policy and quality to enhance the impact of gender equality and women’s rights work.
· Commitment to promoting women’s leadership by understanding and addressing challenges that constrain women from becoming effective leaders
· Experience of campaigning, advocacy and influencing work, ideally with experience on women’s rights issues, including ending gender based violence and violence against women and girls.
· Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences in complex and stressful circumstances.
· Demonstrated experience of GBV response and prevention programming, including psychosocial, socioeconomic, health, and legal interventions
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
· Ability to travel extensively in all areas of the country as required.
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. Interested candidates should send an application in English by email attaching a motivation letter with expected range of salary package and CV, with contact details (phone and email address) of the most recent line manager as part of the referees.
Use this following link address to send your application: https://bit.ly/2J3XF1w
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday, 13th July 2018.**
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
***Please note that we are an equal opportunities organisation and we* strongly encourage applications from qualified female and disabled candidates.** We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality in our organisation.