Brioche Ltd, a Rwandan company active in the hospitality sector and the wholesale bakery – pastry sector, is looking for a thorough, well-organized and motivated Junior Accounting Officer. Specific responsibilities will include accounting entries, bank and cash reconciliation, payroll processing, application of payments to customer and supplier accounts (further details below). The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter who possesses exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Brioche Ltd has operations in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda. The head office is in Kigali, Rwanda at the Prime Economic Zone.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of the Company QuickBooks account;
- Entering sales invoices for customers and recording payments
- Reception of suppliers’ invoices, verification of compliance with the internal procedures, and record them in QuickBooks;
- Preparing payments vouchers as per procedures;
- Reconciling bank and cash accounts;
- Management of the cashbox;
- Preparation and filing of taxes (VAT, PAYE, RSSB)
- Preparing payroll
- Filing of records and supporting documents
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Very good organizational skills;
- Attention to details;
- High level of honesty and integrity in daily tasks
- Good computer skills (including Excel);
- Ability to set priorities.
Because of the growth of the company, all members of Brioche have the possibility to grow in their roles and acquire more responsibilities and grow their salary. However, growth is solely based on demonstrated performance. The starting salary will be modest but accompanied by a bonus linked to monthly performance.
Interested candidates should send their CV in pdf format. The name of the file should correspond to the following:
- The date in the following format: YYMMDD
- “Last Name”
- “First Name”
An application letter may also be sent but is not a requirement.
- Required Experience No prior experience required