One Acre Fund (known as TUBURA in Rwanda) is a social enterprise in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than $100 of impact per client. We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 450,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff.
- You will be responsible for investigating and resolving a variety of internal, legal cases arising at One Acre Fund – Tubura in Rwanda. In doing so, you would uphold (1.) Rwandan law, and (2.) the One Acre Fund policies and values.
- Assume managerial responsibility for at least one Assistant Investigator
- Report up to one of our internal counsels in our Global Legal Department
- Remotely assist regional HR staff in Rwanda when resolving minor cases and travel to One Acre Fund district offices and field sites in Rwanda to personally investigate more complex cases
- Be a recipient of fraud alerts from staff and third-party stakeholders and ensure confidentiality and whistle-blower protection
- Re-assess whether current internal organizational policies fall in line with Rwandan law
- Proactively improve and further develop One Acre Fund – Tubura policies in light of changing legal requirements and organizational needs
- Train HR at our headquarters in Rubengera and in district offices as well as other members of staff in correctly applying and living up to Rwandan law, the One Acre Fund – Tubura code of conduct, as well as select other HR related policies and procedures
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in law and at least two years of work experience in a professional, legal-work related environment such as a law firm, an investigations office, or a court
- Fluent knowledge of Kinyarwanda and very good ability to speak, understand, and write in English
- Solid computer skills regarding e-mail, internet usage, GoogleDocs, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maturity, integrity, and confidentiality are personality traits that are required for this role; in addition, we expect very good people skills and a high level of stress resistance
Preferred Start Date
- Required Experience Solid computer skills regarding e-mail, internet usage, GoogleDocs, and Microsoft Word and Excel