Job Director of Labour Administration Organization MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND LABOUR
Level 3.II Reports To Director Genaral of Labour & Employment
No. of Positions 1 Deadline 16/Jul/2018
– Implement the national policies and programs of management of the Public agents inside the public institutions together with the institutional reform expert : Organise and supervise the dissemination of the policies, norms, procedures manual and jobs and HR management tools inside all the public institutions
– Propose to the authorities and elaborate general orientation notes, projects, instructions, principles, etc. regarding working conditions improvements, advantages and other factors that improve the motivation of the agents
– Evaluate the implementation of above tools in the public institutions: Develop mechanisms to monitor and control the implementation of the HR management supports and the compliance of salary, advantages and HR management laws and regulations
– Propose relevant administrative inspections into the public institutions if necessary
– Consolidate the information related to the HR statement received from the institutions, districts, agencies, etc. – Proceed to the analysis of the data transmitted by IPPIS – Work out the national overview of the public HR statement regarding staffing, costs, geographical repartition, level and fields of study, professional experience, training, etc.
– Manage the personnel who are nominated by the Cabinet
– Produce the relevant administrative acts and update their personnel data files
– Produce the administrative acts (promotion, transfer, free leave, retirement, etc.) of the personnel belonging to particular Status (as: Health, Education, Police, etc.)
– Report periodically the statement of institutions in organization of their structure and of their human resources (dashboards giving the main ratios).
Produce the annual balance of the Public HR of all level of the administration (central, decentralize and / or in agencies or under supervision)
– Organize and oversee the progress of the operations of payment for the agents of the State so that salaries are paid in time and without error
– Organize and control the computer
– based activities of civil servant salary capture
– Check if remuneration comply with laws and regulations in force
– Prepare and forward to ministry authorities information concerning payroll balance
Each month, implement mechanisms of payroll control
– Check payments carried out by banks
A0 in Law, Public Admnistration, Administrative Science, Management, Labour Psychology with 3 years of working experience; Or Master or Equivalent in Law, Public Admnistration, Management, Labour Psychology, Labour Administration with 1 year of working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Labour and Employment Sector;
– Deep knowledge in Labour policies and procedures
– Creative, proactive, customer focussed, solutions led and outcome driven Skills;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills.
– Strong Leadership and Organisational Skills
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
– Able to work well with both public and private sector clients.
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers.
– starter with leadership skills in order to take charge of or facilitate requirement
– gathering sessions.
– Effective communication skills and negotiation skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage .