People are the most valuable resource at One Acre Fund. The Deputy Head of the HR department will be a key member of the Human Resources Management team and will contribute to recruiting, retaining, and developing a workforce capable of improving the lives of well over 100,000 farm families in Rwanda.
Roles and Responsibilites
- HR Management and administration support – Supporting the HR leadership in developing and safeguarding people policies, employee administration, staff welfare, corrective and disciplinary action, structural compensation management, recruitment, payroll, HR training, and data management.
- Responsibility for regional HR staff – TUBURA is currently present in several regions of Rwanda. The Deputy Head of HR will manage our Regional HR staff in Rwanda’s West, Southwest, South, East, and Kigali.
- Performance monitoring – One Acre Fund has a system that allows Managers to constructively review employee performance and their professional development advances. The information resulting from these reviews is collected and processed by the HR department. The Deputy Head of HR watches over the review process and is responsible for the integrity of performance management information.
- Compensation management – Supports the further development of our compensation philosophy and structure using market trends and data. Implements reward and recognition programs including decisions on bonuses.
- Policy writing – Formulates policies related to people management, attraction, deployment, and development to build a positive and performance-oriented culture at One Acre Fund – Rwanda.
- HR data management – Most of our HR metrics are based on data entered by our Regional HR team. This data includes information on leave, disciplinary action, and other employee statistics. The Deputy Head of HR is responsible for the accuracy of staff data collected in Rwanda.
- Budgeting and cost controlling – Supporting the planning process for the HR departments annual budget as well as consulting other departments in relation to staffing costs.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
- We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2+ years of work experience in an HR department in Rwanda and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an HR role in Rwanda; 3 to 4 years of HR experience preferred.
- Experience in safeguarding HR procedures, formulating policy, and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to motivate people to perform well; ability to facilitate group meetings and effectively teach others.
- Ability to delegate authority and responsibility.
- Professional written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent language knowledge of Kinyarwanda and English required.
- Good knowledge of the standard computerized information systems, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Passion to serve Rwanda’s farmers in a humble manner through delivering HR services of the highest quality.
- Required Experience A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an HR role in Rwanda; 3 to 4 years of HR experience preferred.